SHATTERED DREAMS





I thought, together, we’ll always be
Just you and me
Living in bliss, full of happiness

I thought everything we had was good
Perfect, just the way it should be
When my life turned a perfect dream

I sought affection
Care and love, one to call my own
All these I found in you
All these, you gave to me

True, the span of our lives is short
But shorter was the love
In your arms I found

Joy I know for a little time
Crouched in your bosom
Feeling the rise and fall of your breast

In that minute time, I dreamed
A dream that spanned eternal life
To be with you till time still
When breathe should escape me

All my dreams, all my hopes
You dashed in a moment
And I’m sure you never understood
The pounding of my heart
At full capacity, 100% willing

To always beat for you

Comments