A FATHER'S WISH - FANTASY ON THE FUTURE






As the smoke of my tealights rise
 and the candles melt slow
I rest below the shadow of its reflecting light
Like a troubled kid covering his face with a soft pillow
afraid of the bright light

I sit beneath the shadow not in fear of this burning light
nor the image of the shadow on my wall.
Yes, I sit on this day in silent memory of the past I have lived
My life, my love, my yet-to-be born, my future

I feel immensely the best sides of whom little I know
Hearing the imaginary soft Tit-Tat everyday next to my door
Awakening in me, the light of hope that someday, I'll be made
And my heart will lead us back to our ways

To you, in truth, do I belong as my heart yearns every minute
 and my eyes wet, the soft petals of the earth
My soul's longing is for you, to see you, hold and hug you
To watch you take your first steps in life
and hear you utter your first coherent words probably PAPA,MAMA

This is trully my fatherly wish to be with my product termed MY FUTURE

Comments